FSSAI Registration State License
Application Drafting & Filing
About FSSAI State License For Selling Food Items
Food business operators like small to medium-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, retailers, marketers, distributors etc. are however required to obtain the Fssai State License. The State License is issued by the State Government and it is important that you have operations in only 1 state like Delhi, in order to obtain the State FSSAI License in Delhi. It is thus mostly for the units having an annual turnover of more than 12 lakh. The maximum tenure of this license is 5 years and the minimum is 1 year.
The necessary criteria for applying for a State Food License is that the annual turnover of your business is dropping somewhere between Rs. 12 lakh up to a maximum of Rs. 20 crores. You require to apply for FSSAI State License to the state government where your business is based in. The rules directing this license are:
- FBO likes supplier, wholesaler, distributor, retailer, food vending establishments or Dhaba, club, canteen and restaurants with an annual turnover of within Rs. 12 lakh to up to Rs. 20 crores.
- Proprietary Foods
- Production and processing units of vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit. With a turnover within Rs. 12 lacs to Rs. 20 crores annually.
- Hotels of 4-star ratings or less
- Storages having a capacity of less than 50,000 metric tonnes yearly.
- Dairy Units including milk chilling units, with a daily limit to handle or process, among 500 to 50000 litres.
- A daily slaughtering capacity of more than 2 and up to 50 large animals. Or the capacity of handling more than 10 and up to 150 small animals. Or daily capacity of more than 50 to up to 1000 poultry birds.
- All food processing units including re-packers, with a daily capacity of not less than 100 kg/litre to up to 2 metric tonnes.
- List of Partners, Owners, and Executive Members of Society with full address and contact details.
- Latest Passport-sized photograph of the applicant
- Identification proof (voter ID card or Aadhaar Card)
- PAN Card
- Address Proof which can be Telephone, Mobile Bill, Electricity or Gas Bill
- A Copy of Property papers (if owned)
- A Copy of Rent Agreement and Landlord’s NOC (if rented)
- Partnership Deed/ MOA/AOA of the firm
- A Copy of certificate obtained under the Co-Op Act – 1861/Multi State Co-Op Act – 2002 in the case of Co-Operatives.
- NOC from the manufacturer (in case of Distributor)
- Information on Source of raw material
- NOCs from Municipality or local body
- E-Code document issued by DGFT
- Form IX Nomination of persons by a company
- The most important thing about the FSSAI License, if it takes more than 60 days, the applicant can start without the license without waiting for further processing.
- To protect and enhance the quality and hygiene of food, huge changes have been brought by the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006. As per the act, it is necessary to get an FSSAI Registration and license for a person to start a food business.
- Thus FSSAI license is needed for all activities linking to the manufacture, process, storage, packaging, and distribution of food.
- FSSAI License or Restaurant License is a legal responsibility that is compulsory for every Food Business Operators.
- The Name defined in the application Form (A or B) will be the name on the Food License Certificate. So make sure it is clearly and accurately spelled.
- You will receive all further communication on the mobile number and e-mail ID supplied in the Application Form. Make sure these are working.
- After applying, a unique reference ID will be generated. This ID will be used during all further communications and processes for obtaining the FSSAI certificate.
- If the operations of the FBO, e.g. a restaurant or hotel, expand to more than one state, a Central FSSAI license has to be procured for the main Branch/Head Office. And a State License or Basic Registration for each branch, as per their eligibility.
- The Central License Certificate will be issued to the importers only on the address mentioned on their Import Export Code (IEC).
- A single unit needs a single certificate only. Whether it is handling/producing different varieties or various processes. Just make sure that the Form (A or B) includes all the Food Items and the Processes.
FSSAI food license in Delhi validity time depends on you, for how many years you have issued the FSSAI License. The validity time stays between 1 – 5 years and it relies on the number of years which is selected by the food administrator. The cost of the permit anyway increments with the number of years which he/she has connected for. According to the FSSAI rules, the FBO needs to apply for the renewal of the license in 30 days and it should be done before its expiry.
Visit Us On
1007, Roots Tower,Laxmi Nagar District Centre,
Near Nirman Vihar Metro,