How To Register IEC Registration
We do a thorough check of the files you send in
Our team will process your application online.We will also follow up with the department regularly till your code is issued
The TIN will be issued within 15 days of the application
About IEC Registration
IEC Registration or Import Export Code Registration is required for entities involved in Import or Export businesses. A 10-digit code is issued by the Director-General of foreign trade with lifetime validity. IEC code is an essential prerequisite for a hurdle-free import or export. However, import export code is not required when goods are imported for personal use only.
IEC Registration is not required when imports or exports are done by the Government of India, its Departments, and Ministries, and notified charitable institutions. IEC is not required for the traders who are registered under GST, PAN number of Trader will be treated as IEC code. IEC application is available online to expedite the process.
Entities having IE Code can avail benefits of DGFT Export Incentives schemes and other Scheme of Export promotion council.
Provisional MSME Registration
The first stage of MSME registration is provisional which is given during the period before the establishment of the entity or the pre-investment period of the firm. At this point, the enterprise qualifies for:
- Obtaining facilities for accommodation, land, etc.
- Obtaining important approvals and NOCs
- Obtaining clearances from regulatory bodies such as Pollution Control Board and Labour Regulations
The Provisional SSI Registration Certificate (PRC) enables small units to obtain term loans, and working capital from financial institutions and banks under priority sector lending.
Permanent MSME Registration
The second type of MSME registration is permanent. It is given to industrial units that are already functioning. Though the Act is not mandatory, it is immensely beneficial for firms to have the support of government.
- The IEC registration helps traders open the doors to venture into the global market, including registration in online e-commerce operators.
- Businesses can avail government schemes like Merchandise Export from India Scheme (MEIS), Service Export from India Scheme (SEIS) and others from Customs and Export Promotion
- No compliance requirements pos registration and hence maintaining the business is relatively simple
- The process of obtaining IEC is not tedious and can be obtained with minimal, basic documents.
- Mandatory for Imports and exports
- Bank require IEC code to remit payment overseas for imports.
- Bank require IEC Code for crediting Inward payment recieved against exports.
- Imports through Post/Courier also requires IEC Registration code
- IEC Registration is mandatory for Export incentives
- IEC Registration is mandatory for availing benefits under different DGFT Schemes.
- Pan Card copy of the entity
- AOA and MOA/LLP Agreement or Partnership Deed/Shop Act registration.
- Address proof of Business
- Board resolution/Letter of Authorised Signatory
- KYC and photograph of Directors/Partners/Proprietor
- E-mail ID of Directors/Partners/Proprietor
- Valid Indian Mobile Number of Directors/Partners/Proprietor
- Bank Statement/Cancelled cheque/Passbook
- Step 1: The online IEC application form in the format Aayaat Niryaat Form no. 2A is filed with the Directorate General of Foreign Trade. Alternatively, it could also be done offline at the Regional office of DGFT.
- Step 2: All the required documents, including bank details and DSC, have to be submitted
- Step 3: Next, the Import Export code will be allotted and the application will be processed further
- Step 4: Once the documents and application are verified by the authorities, the import export license will be granted as a soft copy to the entity.
How Can We Help In Registering
IEC Registration Certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
What is IEC code and legal provision under which it is covered?
IEC stands for Import and Export code. IEC is 10 Digit code issued by Director General of Foreign Trade.
Do IEC certificate having any validity period and how to renew it?
IEC is valid for a lifetime; it does not have any expiry.
- Collateral free credit guarantee scheme by SIDBI.
- Credit Linked capital subsidy scheme for technology up-gradation.
- ISO 9000/ISO 14001 Certification Reimbursement Scheme
- Marketing support /assistance to MSMEs
- Support for entrepreneurial and managerial development of SMEs
- Online reporting portal for MSMEs for delayed payment
- Interest rate subvention
- 25 % of the total sourcing for government projects will be from Indian MSME sector. Notably, 3% of this 25% will be from women entrepreneurs.
- Subsidy on patent registration.
- Collateral free loan through banks under priority lending.
Can I duplicate IEC be obtained?
Yes, if you can obtain a duplicate IEC by paying the fees of Rs 200.
What is the procedure of surrender of IEC?
If an IEC holder does not wish to operate the allotted IEC number, he may surrender the same by informing the issuing authority. On receipt of such intimation, the issuing authority shall immediately cancel the same and electronically transmit it to DGFT for onward transmission to the Customs and Regional Authorities.
Is there any tax levied on the IEC Code?
Export Code is not a tax registration, unlike GST. There is no tax involved in the IEC code registration. However, there can be customs duty which is levied as per the norms set by the concerned departments.
Visit Us On
501,Rishabh corporate Tower
Kakardooma Community Centre,