ISO Certification Registration
Our experts will help you get all the right
information about an ISO registration.
From helping you fill up applications to putting together documents, we will
help you with the entire application process.
We will help you put together a quality,
comprehensive policy standards so that you have no issues
when it comes to applying for an ISO certification.
About ISO Certification
International Standards Organization (ISO) is an independent organization that sets the standards for businesses in terms of quality, safety, and efficiency of products. An ISO registration enhances the reputation of your service or productThere are different types of ISO certification like ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 5001, etc.
Of all the ISO standards, ISO 9000 series is the most popular. ISO 9000 is a set of international standards for quality management and quality assurance. The ISO 9000 family of standards like ISO 9001:2015, ISO 19011:2018, ISO 9000:2015 help organizations meet customer satisfaction and regulatory requirements and achieve continual improvement. ISO 9000 lays the fundamentals for Quality Management System (QMS).
QMS is structured framework of policies, processes and procedures for planning and execution in the core business areas of an organization. ISO 9001:2015 is the international standard for QMS. It is globally recognized and accepted and can be implemented by all small, medium and large enterprises to enhance efficiency, quality and profits. It also helps in reducing waste, and lowering costs.
We helps businesses in all types of ISO certification. Some of the certifications we deal with are:
- ISO 9001:2015
- ISO 14001:2015
- ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 22000:2005
- ISO 50001:2011
- ISO 28000:2007
- IATF 16949:2016
The primary reason a company needs an ISO certification is that it is mandatory by law or contract. The secondary reasons to conform to the standards are:
- It gives an organization a platform that is recognized by game changers and decision makers.
- Identification of recurrent issues and resolving them saves valuable time and financial support.
- Processes become more efficient which improves the system.
- They give a company a competitive edge needed during contract tenders
- The same resources lead to more value and worth.
- The perception the customers hold on business increases tenfold and consequently, satisfaction rises.
Additional advantages of ISO Certification
- Nowadays government tenders and proposals accept tenders of businesses that are ISO certified.
- Since ISO certifications meet international standards, they help businesses reach global customers.
- Each ISO standard was created so that customers are served better. Therefore, when certification is got, the satisfaction of the consumer increases and repeat purchases occur.
- A flawed product is duly rejected. When the standards set at an international level are adhered to, these rejections rarely occur.
- The efficiency of business increases because the SOPs of ISO demand seamless operations. The functionality and operations of the firm, thus, rise.
- The mark of an ISO 9001 Certification is automatic branding and marketing of a product because it doubles the credibility of a business.
- An ISO 9001 certification will set your business or organization on the path of profit and set it on par with world standards.
- The business will see consistent improvement and performance which will in turn provide customers with services and products beyond their level of expectation. This is a cycle which will indirectly be a positive influence on the satisfaction and morale of the organization as a whole.
When applying for an ISO Certification, every business will need to submit the following documents:
- Proof that the business is registered. This can be done through:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- GST Certificate
- MSME Certificate
- A letterhead or visiting card of the business.
- The details of an invoice that includes:
- Sale Invoice
- Purchase Invoice
This is a limited list of records that are required for the procedure. There are many other mandatory and optional documents that need to be submitted. The list differs with each type of certification. We provides a comprehensive guide of documents during consulting.
ISO certification & registration in India – A detailed process
At Semantic our experts assist in the step by step procedure of registering for an ISO certification. The process in India includes:
Complete ISO Form
An online form of ISO application has to be filled with complete information and the corresponding documents. Some of the data would be like details on the nature of the business, company address and years of operation.
Consultation On Registration Type
As ISO has many types of certifications and hence it is highly recommended that you consult an expert to select the best accreditation standard that fits.
Every document that is submitted along with the application is verified and the information is double checked. They are then filed with the concerned ISO registrar. Once the submission is confirmed, online payment needs to be done through one of the various payment modes available.
An ISO audit is an examination or verification to check the genuineness of your business’ process records. Three main types of audits are:
- First party audit or internal audit: Conducted internally by your own staff who are trained. It can also be performed by an external company.
- Second party audit or supplier audit: Conducted by lead auditors in your organisation. This is done to ensure your suppliers function properly and that you get the supply of products/services correctly. As internal audits, these can also be performed by external agencies if you don’t have the qualified resources.
- Third party audit or certification audit: This must be carried out only by auditors of Certification Bodies.
Depending on the documents submitted, an ISO audit for the business is conducted wherein the genuineness of the documents are checked. The authority then makes a decision based on the defined procedures.
If the audit is successful, a certificate is issued to your company. It is couriered to the business address. ISO 9001 certification renewal has to be done once a year and for the renewal, the authorities conduct a surveillance audit to ensure adherence to all the standards.
RENEWAL/RE-CERTIFICATION OF ISO
The process of recertification would include a reassessment of the organization’s documented quality management system including a review of the Management System, where necessary, to be conducted before the expiry of three years term of validity. The recertification audits planned and conducted to evaluate the continued fulfillment of all of the requirements of the relevant management system standard or other normative document. The Renewal audit plan is verified to ensure that the majority of the audit time is given to verify the effective implementation of the management system in the locations where the organization’s activities takes place including on-site audits of temporary sites for OHSAS (OHSAS (In Management System Audit 80% of the audit time shall be given onsite).
The reassessment provides for a review of the past performance of the quality management system over the period of previous certification, including examination of the documents/records relating to the internal audits, management review and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions, etc. It is the responsibility of the person assigned ( of Lead Auditor status) to conduct the Reassessment and submit the report. The team leader also ensures that any Technical Expert / Specialist are not allowed to function independently and are always accompanied by auditor/ lead auditor.
Re- certification audit shall be planned and conducted three months prior to the validity of the certificate to ensure continuity of certification in the likely event of any non conformance found during the audit. In the case of 9/6 monthly surveillance frequency the Re-certification audit can be clubbed with the Surveillance Audit. The process of Re-certification is planned by the AM. Advance notice is sent to the client. If the client agrees for the recertification the sending Questionnaire, quotation and application review is done as per procedure no.P06. If there are changes like addition of new processes/services, regulatory requirement or new product/services addition or change of location or change of Top management Stage 1 audit is required to be conducted.Before proceeding to client site, the team leader shall review all the previous reports since certification audit/ last Reassessment by Performance Review and make a note of relevant points. The re assessment programme shall at least ensure the following:
- The effective interaction between all elements of system & audit activities have a stage 1 audit in situations where there have been significant changes to the management system, the client, or the context in which the management system is operating (e.g. changes to legislation) as identified in the Application Questionnaire.
- Overall effectiveness of the system in its entirety in the light of changes in operations
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain the effectiveness of the system
- Summary of Previous Audit Reports
- Whether all areas/ processes/ clauses have been audited at least once in the last three year cycle
- Any concentration of non-conformities against particular clauses/areas and effectiveness of corrective actions taken on nonconformities identified by AMS shall be closed within 15 days of recertification audit
- Objectives and Continual Improvement
- Whether the operation of the certified management system contributes to the achievement of the organization’s policy and objectives.
- In the case of multiple sites or certification to multiple management system standards being provided by the AMS, the planning for the audit ensure adequate on-site audit coverage to provide confidence in the certification.
- Verify the OHS for the respective objectives and targets
- Hazard Identification & Assessment Controls
- Compliance towards Legal & Other requirement including customer requirements
- Verify the OHS management systems at the temporary site
- Verify the OHS management at the Multisite based on the Audit Program Re Certification Audit shall be conducted, if the client applies for re-certification prior to expiry of certificate and there is no major change in client organization (legal, scope etc.). How-ever if the client applies for recertification after expiry date then stage I will also be conducted. If NC is identified the Re-Certification audit the team leader shall ensure and communicate the client that the Corrective Actions and the evidences are provided before the expiry of the certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Choose any ISO accreditation?
Does an ISO certification work as a permit or a license?
Why does my company need an ISO standard?
Do I have to renew my ISO certificate?
Will I get a certificate in the pre-audit stage?
Visit Us On
1007, Roots Tower,Laxmi Nagar District Centre,
Near Nirman Vihar Metro,