We help you get a Secure GST Identification Number.
We make it easy for you to get your GST from the comfort of your own home.
We will file your returns and complete all other compliances as and when required.
Introduced on July 1, 2017, GST or Goods and Service Tax is seen as the most significant tax reform in the history of India. GST merged Central and State taxes into a single tax to improve the ease of doing business and widen the taxpayer base. Subject to certain conditions, GST registration is mandatory for manufacturers, traders, and service providers. GST has been implemented on the theme of One Nation One Tax and has tax slabs from a minimum of 0% to the Highest 28%.
Business entities whose turnover exceeds INR 40 Lacs (for Northeast and Hilly state 20 Lacs) are required to obtain a New GST Registration. However, the limit for the Service provider is still INR 20 Lacs. A certain category of Taxpayer u/s 24 of the CGST Act 2017 needs to register under GST irrespective of turnover compulsorily. It is in the best interest to determine upfront the requirements and eligibility criteria for the registration. It has ongoing compliances and further penalties for non-compliance, so it is advisable to understand the GST Provisions.
GST Registration Process can be initiated online through the GST portal, StartupSeven can help individuals and businesses in filing applications for GST.
- Items that are considered basic necessities come under exempt list i.e. they are not taxed.
- Household necessities and life-saving drugs etc. are taxed at 5%.
- Products like computers and processed food are taxed at 12%.
- Hair oil, toothpaste and soaps, capital goods, industrial intermediaries and services are taxed at 18%.
- Luxury items are taxed at 28%.
You can see the tax rates for all the products here: https://cbec-gst.gov.in/gst-goods-services-rates.html
- Upon reaching the Threshold of INR 40 Lac in case of Trader, and INR 20 lacs for a Service provider
- Interstate Sales and Service
- Ecommerce Operator
- OIDAR Services
- Non-resident and Importer
- Person Liable to deduct TDS/TCS
- Input Service distributor
- Pan Card of entity
- Certificate of Incorporation /LLP Agreement or Partnership Deed/Shop Act registration
- Address proof of Business
- Board resolution/Letter of Authorised Signatory
- KYC and photograph of Directors/Partners/Proprietor
- Bank Statement/Cancelled cheque/Passbook
- Valid Indian Mobile Number of Directors/Partners/Proprietor
- E-mail ID of Directors/Partners/Proprietor
- For Company and LLP DSC of Authorised signatory is required
- Step 1: GST Registration applicability and necessity need to be checked.
- Step 2: Arrange to provide documents and information as per the list provided.
- Step 3: Generation of TRN (Temporary Reference Number)
- Step 4: GST Registration certificate will be provided.
How Can We Help In Registering
Frequently Asked Questions
If a person has businesses in different states, does he need separate new GST registration?
Yes, if a person is having businesses in different states, they need to get separate registration for each state under the same PAN.
How much time is needed for a private limited company in India?
If you have all the documents in order, it will take no longer than 15 days. However, this is dependent on the workload of the registrar.
Can anyone without GST Number claim ITC and collect tax?
No, without GST number, one cannot collect GST or claim tax input for GST paid by them.
Is GST mandatory for online sellers?
No, it is not mandatory unless the threshold limit of Rs 20 lakhs is exceeded. However, if you are a brand selling goods or service under one brand name, then you are required to have a GST registration.
Should I have a PAN card for GST registration?
Yes, a PAN card is mandatory for registering under the GST act. However, the non-resident taxable person may get GST registration by submitting other documents as prescribed.
Visit Us On
1007, Roots Tower,Laxmi Nagar District Centre,
Near Nirman Vihar Metro,