For Financial year 2018-19 – Any person who has been allotted “Director Identification Number (DIN/DPIN)” on or before 31st March 2018 and the status of such DIN is ‘Approved’, needs to file form DIR-3 KYC to update KYC details in the system on or before 15th September 2018.
For Financial year 2019-20 onwards – Every Director who has been allotted DIN on or before the end of the financial year, and whose DIN status is ‘Approved’, would be mandatorily required to file form DIR-3 KYC before 30th April of the immediately next financial year.
After expiry of the respective due dates, system will mark all non-compliant DINs against which DIR-3 KYC form has not been filed as ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’Which details are required to be filled in the form
Name (as per PAN database), Father’s Name (as per PAN database), “Date of Birth (DoB)” (as per PAN database), PAN Number (mandatory for citizens of India),Personal Mobile number and Personal Email Address and Permanent/ Present address.
Further, Aadhaar is mandatory, if it is assigned. If not, then Voter ID or Passport or Driving Licence shall be attached. Accordingly, copy of any one of the above selected information is to be attached.
3. Is it mandatory to enter a unique mobile number and email ID in form DIR-3 KYC?
Yes. It is mandatory to enter your personal mobile number and personal email ID in the form DIR-3 KYC and the same has to be verified by an OTP process. Further, the mobile number and email ID must be unique such that it is not already linked with some other person in the DIN holders’ database.
Send OTP button will be enabled only after successful Pre-scrutiny of the form. After successful Pre-scrutiny, user has to click on ‘Send OTP’ button.
5. Who are the signatories in DIR-3 KYC form?
The DIN holder and a professional (CA/CS/CMA) certifying the form are the two signatories in form DIR-3 KYC.
Please note that in case of Citizens of India, the PAN mentioned in the DSC is verified with the PAN mentioned in the form.
In case of foreign nationals, the name in the DSC affixed should match with the name entered in the form. DSCs affixed on the form should be duly registered on the MCA portal.
6. I am a disqualified director, am I required to file form DIR-3 KYC?
Yes. Any person who has been allotted DIN and where the status of such DIN is ‘Approved’, is required to file form DIR-3 KYC. Hence, disqualified directors are also required to file form DIR-3 KYC.
7.What is the fee for form DIR-3 KYC?
Form DIR-3 KYC, if filed within the due date of the respective financial year, no fee is payable. However, if filed after the due date, for DIN status ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’
a fee of Rs.500(Rupees Five Hundred Only) shall be payable from 21st September to 05th October 2018(Both days inclusive). From 06th October onwards a Fee of Rs.5000(Rupees Five Thousand Only) becomes payable.
8. My DIN status is ‘Deactivated’. Can I file form DIR-3 KYC?
Form DIR-3 KYC can be filed for status ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC ’ on payment of fee as above.
9. Whether details entered in the form DIR-3 KYC will update DIN Holders’ database?
Yes. All information as entered in the form DIR-3 KYC shall be updated in the DIN holders’ database.
10. Whether multiple filing of form DIR-3 KYC is allowed?
System will not allow multiple filing of form DIR-3 KYC for an applicant. In case KYC is already filed for a DIN, and such DIN is entered again, system throws an error that the form is already filed.
11.Whether non-resident directors can provide Indian mobile numbers?
In case the DIN holder is a resident of India, the address must be an address in India and mobile number must be an Indian mobile number.
12.What attachments to provide for proof of address?
Please refer to Instructions kit of DIR-3 KYC.
13. Why is the ‘Send OTP’ button disabled? What is the validity of OTP?
Send OTP button remains disabled till successful pre-scrutiny of the form. After successful pre-scrutiny, the form must be saved and only after saving the form, the ‘Send OTP’ button gets enabled.
Further, please note that, once OTP is successfully sent to the valid mobile number and email ID entered in the form, ‘Send OTP’ button gets disabled. OTP is valid for 30 minutes.
14. OTP not received on email. Why is it so?
You may check the Spam folder in your mailbox for the OTP received.
15. With reference to the Companies (Registration Offices and Fees) Fifth Amendment Rules, 2018 dated 20th September 2018, please clarify whether my DIN which was ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ would be ‘Reactivated’ automatically?
No. Every DIN holder whose DIN has been ‘Deactivated due to Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ has to necessarily file DIR-3 KYC first along with applicable fee. Once the form (DIR-3 KYC) is filed, it is approved on STP basis. On approval, the system will automatically ‘reactivate’ the DIN. Non-compliant DIN’s status would remain ‘Deactivated due to Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’.
16. What is the time limit for filing DIR-3 KYC in respect of a DIN which is under the status ‘Deactivated due to Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’with a fee of Rs.500(Rupees Five Hundred Only)?
As per above rules, in such cases, DIR-3 KYC can be filed from 21st September 2018 till 5th October 2018(both days inclusive) with a fee of Rs.500.
17. When will the fee of Rs.5000(Rupees Five Thousand only) become payable applicable?
As per above rules, all cases of DIR-3 KYC filed from 6th October 2018 onwards will attract a fee of Rs.5000.
18. I have multiple DINs and have not have filed DIR-3 KYC for any of the DINs. I want to surrender the DIN but while Filling the form DIR-3 KYC, the DIN is not getting prefilled. Please suggest.
In case you have multiple DINs then you need to retain the oldest DIN and surrender all the latest DINs by filing DIR -5 eform. Please download the latest form DIR-5 from portal and try again.
19. I have multiple DINs and intend to surrender them. Also, I have not filed DIR-3 KYC for any of the DINs. Since my DIN is not getting prefilled, so should I file DIR-3 KYC first so that DIR-5 eform can be filed to surrender the DIN?
You are required to file DIR-5 first indicating therein all the DINs that you need to surrender (latest ones) and retain the oldest DIN. Please download the latest form DIR-5 from portal and try again.
20. I have two DINs and had filed DIR-3 KYC for the latest DIN. Now when I am trying to file DIR-5 form to surrender, DIN is not getting prefilled. Please guide.
Please download the latest form DIR-5 from portal for applying surrender of DIN entering therein the Oldest DIN in field no. 4 and the DIN to be surrendered (latest DIN) in field no. 5 of the form. Once your form is approved, all the associations with surrendered DIN would be automatically transferred to the oldest DIN retained.
Comments are closed.