According to a notification issued by the Income tax department on 1st March 2019 to claim your income tax refund then besides file income tax return now assessee has to pre-validate his bank account.
Now income tax department improved the tax refund process every taxpayer has to perform some additional task i.e. pre-validate your bank account in which he wants to get his refund and further he has to link his pan with his bank account. If bank account is not linked with pan then refund will not be issued by department. Because income tax department dispatches only e-refunds. So tax-refunds will be issued only those bank accounts which are linked with PAN and Pre-validated on the e-filing portal.
Steps to Pre-Validate bank account:-
1. Visit to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and log in to e-filling account.
2. After log in, move to ‘Profile Settings’ tab in account and then click on ‘Pre-validate bank account’ option.
3. If any bank account is already pre-validated, it can be shown on the screen. If want to pre-validate bank account or want to receive refund in another bank account than click on Add button.
4. And then enter details like bank account number, account type, IFSC, bank name, bank branch and your mobile number and email ID.
Mobile no and e-mail id must be identical with the details provided in the bank account.
5. Click on ‘Pre-validate’ then a message will appear on the screen: “request for pre-validating bank account is submitted. Status of request will be sent to his registered email id and mobile number.
If wish to remove a particular bank account from his e-filing account, then in the ‘Pre-validate your bank account’ option under the ‘Profile Settings’ tab, select the account he wants to remove and click on ‘Remove’ option.